The Pro Chef of the Year competition is gearing up for an exhilarating showdown at the International Centre for Culinary Arts – ICCA Dubai on December 8, 2023
This exclusive category, set apart from the traditional voting process, promises to be a live cooking extravaganza where six culinary maestros will battle it out for the prestigious title. The culinary spectacle, sponsored by Bord Bia, will feature a mystery ingredient cook-off, with the top chefs crafting three delectable courses within a three-hour timeframe.
The anticipation is building as the shortlisted contestants are revealed. The formidable lineup includes:
- Arivukkarasan Ravikkuamr, Chef de Cuisine at Hell’s Kitchen
- Celia Stoecklin, Head Chef at Fi’lia (SLS Dubai Hotel and Residences)
- Luca Depalo, Head Chef at Bull & Bear
- Ali Toprak, Chef de Cuisine at Waldorf Astoria Kuwait
- Mauro Di Leo, Executive Chef at Cinque at FIVE Palm Jumeirah and Trattoria by Cinque, FIVE Jumeirah Village
- Diego Solis, Executive Sous Chef at Sofitel Dubai The Palm
This stellar ensemble of culinary virtuosos is set to impress the discerning panel of industry experts during the live cooking challenge, with the final crowning moment scheduled for the BBC Good Food Middle East Magazine Awards 2023 gala on January 25, 2024, at The Ritz-Carlton, Dubai.
The winner of The Pro Chef of the Year 2023 will be awarded a spectacular two-night stay with breakfast at the Waldorf Astoria Bangkok. New York glamour in Bangkok’s business district, the five-star hotel is situated in the heart of the Thai capital, with stunning views across the Bangkok skyline and the exclusive Royal Bangkok Sports Club (RBSC) and golf course.
Stay tuned for updates as the competition unfolds, and the Pro Chef of the Year of 2023 is revealed.